Philadelphia residents can receive in-person or telephonic support from a benefits expert, and help with completing applications, organizing key documents, and tracking an application’s status at six new BenePhilly sites opening this week.
Residents can call (844) 848-4376 to get free, one-on-one professional support to enroll in benefits.
The Centers will provide support for enrollment in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)/Food Stamps, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Health Insurance (CHIP, Medicaid, Medicare), Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), Child Care Tax Credit and State and City Property Tax Credits. The Centers will also provide Benefit Screenings and Referrals for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Unemployment Insurance (UI).
The Centers are open throughout the day as well as many evenings and weekends. Residents can call (844) 848-4376 to schedule an appointment at a time that works for them, or receive benefits assistance directly over the phone.
For more information, check out the BenePhilly flyer.
Para más información en español, haga clic aquí.
The BenePhilly Centers are located at 6 community-based organizations throughout Philadelphia, including:
- Catholic Social Services, Casa Del Carmen, 4400 North Reese Street, Philadelphia, PA 19140 (Mon-Thurs: 9am-8pm; Fri: 9am-5pm; Sat: 9am-2pm)
- People’s Emergency Center (in the Families First Building), 3939 Warren Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104 (Mon, Tues, Wed: 9am-5pm; Thurs: 9am-8pm; Sat: 9am-1pm)
- Philadelphia FIGHT, 1233 Locust Street, Philadelphia, PA 19102 (Mon and Wed: 8am-5pm; Tues and Thurs: 8am-7pm; Fri: 9am-5pm)
- Project HOME, 1515 Fairmount Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19130 (Mon-Wed: 9am-6:30pm; Thurs, Fri: 9am-5pm; Every other Sat: 9am-12pm)
- Utilities Emergency Services Fund, 1617 JFK Blvd, Suite 840, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (Mon-Wed: 9am-7:30pm; Thurs: 9am-5pm; Fri: 9am-3pm)
- United Communities Southeast Philadelphia (in the Houston Center), 2029 S. 8th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19148 (Mon-Wed: 10am-7pm; Thurs and Fri: 9am-4pm)