CEO is seeking a Promise Corps College & Career Site Supervisor for program planning and implementation at two-three schools in West Philadelphia. They provide day-to-day leadership of their schools’ AmeriCorps members (CCA’s), program implementation and school relations. They provide information and recommendations to staff in regard to the supervision of corps members. They maintain strong working relationships with principals, counselors and other school staff. Duties include direct management of 10+ people, administrative support, program planning, program support, data management and maintaining evaluation records. This person would also be responsible for the external communications of Promise Corps including all social media accounts, websites, printed materials, recruitment advertising and branding. This position reports to the Promise Corps Program Director.
- Coordinate college readiness programs and activities in collaboration with other higher education and community initiatives.
- Recruit local applicants for AmeriCorps member positions.
- Provide supervision, leadership, motivation, team building, conflict resolution and support to AmeriCorps members.
- Establish positive relationship and effective communication with school leadership team including principals, school counselor and teachers to ensure program goals are achieved and students are receiving all benefits of Promise Corps program.
- Establish relationships with external partners as needed to resource schools, students and Promise Corps and to collaborate on large events.
- Gather and maintain evaluation records pertaining to program performance, particularly in regard to impact on high school students.
- Ensure the submission of all required information from the site to appropriate program staff as needed for member’s files.
- Utilize online timesheet and data collection portal to collect all information needed to measure programs performance measures.
- Familiar with and proven successful use of social media platforms.
- Bachelor’s Degree required and one year of experience in an education setting or experience working directly with youth in Urban Communities.
- A valid PA Driver’s license is required.
- Knowledge of college and career preparation, objectives and standards.
- Managing a program and/or supervising people (preferably in a school setting).
- Curriculum development and implementation preferred.
- Working with service-learning, AmeriCorps programming, and member management preferred.
- Strong print and electronic communication skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Be a successful, dynamic and committed individual.
- Capable of working beyond traditional working hours and keeping schedules is required.
Successful candidate must be a City resident within six months of hire.
The City of Philadelphia is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not permit discrimination based on race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, source of income, familial status, genetic information or domestic or sexual violence victim status. If you believe you were discriminated against, call the Philadelphia Commission on Human Relations at 215-686-4670 or send an email to faqpchr @phila.gov. For more information, go to: Human Relations Website: http://www.phila.gov/humanrelations/Pages/default.aspx
Apply for this position through SmartRecruiters at: https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/CityofPhiladelphia/743999673705646-promise-corps-college-career-site-supervisor